Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 - A ride that impacted your life


Day 04- A ride that impacted your life

I think a ride that impacted my life was my very first horseback ride ever. It was on that stubborn little bay mare name Misty. I knew right then and there at 5 years of age, that I wanted to be riding horses for the rest of my life.

I do feel thought, that I am letting that 5 year old girl down some days. I have horses, my very own horses and I don’t ride them every day, or brush them every day like I promised I would if I could have my very own horse someday.

But every single time I get up onto a horse, I often have to fight off the urge to let out the biggest smile. That smile is the 5 year old in me. That 5 year old me is the reason I will stop and let little kids pet my horse if they see me out and about. Because at that age, that was all I wanted. To be that close to a horse to smell it and feel it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment