Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19- A discipline you would like to do that you’ve never done before

Day 19- A discipline you would like to do that you’ve never done before


A discipline I would like to do that I’ve never done before…hmmm I think Cowboy Mounted Shooting is something I’d like to try! I’ve watched it and it looks awesome. Basically you get dressed up in old timey clothes and shoot balloon targets while riding your horse. sounds pretty amazing to me. Yellow would have been a champ because he was absolutely not gun shy. The guy who used to own him, loved fireworks. Like the big, expensive, loud kind. So he would shoot them off year round and naturally the horses just got used to the unexpected loud bangs round the clock. Before we took the horses out to Montana to Elk hunting my friend wanted to make sure the horses would be okay with gun shots so we rode out to an old abandoned farmstead, we hopped off and she handed me her reins and then I prepared myself to have both of my arms ripped out of the sockets as the horses bolted away. She fired and the horses didn’t even look up from grazing. So basically if you want to train your horse to not be gun shy….fireworks. A lot of them. All the time.

 Another discipline that I’d like to try…just for fun is barrel racing. I am too old to start competing with these girls who have been chasing cans since they were fetuses. And my experience with barrel racers in this area are that they are COMPLETE B rhymes with itches. In fact, a lot of horse people in this area that are big time into their events are really not very nice. So sad really. Why can’t we all just be nice to each other? Same goes for people that are hardcore Quarter horse/Appy/Paint people. When I would tell them I had an OTTB, they would roll their eyes at me and tell me what a monster they are and how you couldn’t pay them enough to ride one. Why can’t we all just get along lol

No comments:

Post a Comment