Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 09- Any injuries that occurred from riding

Day 09- Any injuries that occurred from riding

I am lucky, and a big chicken. So I don’t have many injuries. The only one I can think of is when I hit the dirt during my first riding lesson ever. I banged up my elbow pretty bad. I went to the doctor the day after it happened and luckily nothing was broken, but they said it was pretty badly bruised. To this day I notice that if I am shopping and carrying a basket in that arm, it will get sore and tired a lot quicker than my other arm. I also learned that if you get hurt in a foreign country like Sweden, it’s a pain in the ass to get through all the red tape to get a doctor to see you if you don’t have a number issued to you from the government.

So other than that it’s mostly been bumps and bruises but nothing serious. The thing about riding is it’s not if you get hurt, it’s when and how bad. Every time I climb up into the saddle I understand that something could happen to me. Even if I pick the safe horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment