Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24- Your best riding friend


Day 24- Your best riding friend

I would have to say that my husband is my best riding friend. When I met him he told me that he had a horse and I was probably like “yes, lets be friends!” Unfortunately for him, I haven’t been a good riding buddy since Piney died. My desire to saddle up sort of fizzled out. When I started to ride Pistol a bit more it didn’t really help that he got that abcess shortly after which put him off for a while. I made a little promise to myself that I will ride more this year. Lately I have really, really wanted to saddle up and go for a ride, but obviously these horrific temperatures have kept me out of the saddle. I do feel bad that I’m not much of a rider these day. But this year I promise to be a better rider!

Hubby has been into horses most of his life. As I said he had a horse when I met him. It was at grandma’s farm. His mother grew up showing and breeding Arabians. So horses are in his blood. We like doing different things when we ride. He enjoys trail riding and I enjoy riding around in an arena but we do both enjoy time in the saddle.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that your husband is into horses. I wish mine was!

    ReplyDelete