Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 19-A discipline you would like to do that you've never done before

Day 19- A discipline you would like to do that you’ve never done before


I would LOVE to start Mounted shooting! We went to a demonstration of “Cowboy Mounted Shooting” a while back and I am obsessed with it. I’m not sure if it’s considered a discipline but none the less I want to do it.

There are 50 different patterns which can bet set up. They include cones that have balloons attached and sometimes barrels. The horse and rider ride up to the balloons and then the rider shoots the balloon with either a pistol or rifle. (Blanks are used rather than actual bullets.) It is a timed event like barrels and it is just fun to watch! What I thought was really fun is that you have to dress up! Either in modern western clothing or in 1800’s style clothing! How much fun would that be to get dressed up like calamity jane and shoot off horseback? Some women dress up in saloon girl outfits too.
 If I can get Piney neck reining and not gun shy I am TOTALLY gonna give it a whirl!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I have never heard of it, so will have to do a search!

    ReplyDelete