Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 16- Your most recent fall

Day 16- Your most recent fall


My most recent fall was 9 years ago! Hooray! *knocks on wood* I’ve been very, very careful in the horses I ride, and where I ride them. But my last fall wasn’t serious and I ended up laying in the arena laughing.

Years and years ago, I was leasing the mare from hell, and tried to hop on bareback using the fence as a mounting apparatus. Apparently I did a good job grooming her and she was super slippery. I threw one leg over, and  being the witch she was, she started walking away and before I knew it I was on the ground laughing and she was on the other side of the arena.

My first fall was my worst fall, and I can count on one hand the times I’ve fallen since then. Each fall since that first fall have been nice soft landings. And all but my “most recent” fall were in that first year I was taking riding lessons in Sweden.

OH WAIT! I guess I lied my most recent fall was off the mechanical bull in Gilley’s in Las Vegas! I showed that bull who was boss though!

1 comment:

  1. Mechanical bull?? Gilley's??? LOL! I didn't realize that the Gilley's tradition continued in LV after it shut down in Texas.

    ReplyDelete