Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Schooling show results...

The horse show didn’t go exactly as planned. Maybe this picture will explain.


That is indeed a 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place ribbon AND a reserve high point champion ribbon. we did BETTER than i expected!!  My monster went from getting nothing but 5th and 6th place ribbons last year to top three in his classes! The reserve high point almost knocked me off my feet. We got it for our intro A test. There were only 4 of us in that test. In intro B there was six of us and I was riding against the best riders in the barn. We got second. And I am so proud of my monster. I was super proud of him for getting 3rd place in his first test. (it was a walk trot test my instructor made up). I never expected him to do as well as he did. The funniest thing he did all day was after we halted at X and saluted the judge the last time he would snort, as if to say "and THAT is how you do dressage!". It was adorable. I love him.

Yesterday was a fun day. We all spent the day laughing and cheering each other on. I love my barn family! We also had some fun awards at the end of the day and I got best dressed, best groomed horse, and cleanest breeches. Haha! Still can't beleive we did as well as we did. I am so proud of my boy! he is perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment