Friday, August 9, 2013

Where the h have I been??

Well this summer has blown right on past. It's already August flippin 9th! WHAT?! Like seriously I had all these awesome summer plans and was going to horse shows every single weekend and yeah...that just didn't happen. Feels like just last weekend was the 4th of July. Where oh where has the time gone?
Anyways here are some Instagram pics to show what I have been up to lately.
 

We installed a new pasture for the horses in the area where I hope to someday (soon if we ever get a post hole digger that works!) have my riding arena.
 
I went to the largest country music festival in the world and wore a ridiculously large hat.

I sat in a chair and enjoyed adult beverages at the country music festival.
I got myself some new amazingly beautiful boots that I have wanted for well over a year and broke them in at the country music festival.
The largest country music festival came to an end...and I had to go back to the real world.

I heard this song. This was the song that was playing at the vet when I stood looking in a stall at Piney's failing body. The vet was talking about options and that the kindest thing we could do for him was to let him go. I hadn't heard the song in years before that day, and I hadn't listened to it since. I finally listened to it and cried for a good 10 minutes.

The kittens grew up healthy and happy. I was able to find a new home for one of them. And am currently working on finding homes for the rest of them.

This happened. I swear I don't know how this horse gets himself into these situations. But he's almost always in these situations. This is a breakaway halter...but he just tries to start a new fashion trend.

All 3.5 of our horses got their feets trimmed today. George was clearly the wild man of the bunch. He dozed all the way through his trim. Love that crazy thoroughbred.






So yeah that's where I leave you. Also 50 followers. When did that happen? Thank ya'll for following along! I will think of a contest in the next couple days and maybe post it on Monday!
AND if you for whatever reason want to follow me on Instagram my user name is karikay23!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

 
 
 








2 comments:

  1. Um I want to go to that country concert with you next year! Looks like a blast!

    Cute boots btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to WeFest. It's the best thing ever! It's only like 1500 miles away but it's totally worth it!
      I LOVE my boots...unfortunately, the rubber heel fell off and they have to go back. So sad. Especially since I JUST broke them in and they feel amazing.

      Delete