Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Birthday George!

Today Independent George turns 10! It's sad that he isn't here to celebrate. But when he gets here I'll make sure to shove his little face full of peppermints!



One of the cool things about George is there is information and pictures of him out on the internets.

And here is an article about him here. and another one here.

And here he has a photo gallery of pictures from 2009 here.

And there are pictures of him in people's flickr galleries here.

The funny thing is that while there are a lot of pictures of him training, there are almost just as many of him eating grass. I've heard a few times that training him was a challenge because if he decided he didn't want to train...he wouldn't. You had to wait for him to decide when he wanted to train. I've also heard that he has quite the personality and that he is a character. I am excited to get to know him better and see his personality first hand.

I just want him home! only a few more weeks of waiting!! grrr!


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to George - only one day after my Pie's birthday! It's great that you have so much information about him - that's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun! And I have been coresponding with someone that 'knew him back when'. They are all so very happy that he is safe and will be loved!

      Delete
  2. Checked out that first article. Graham Motion is a fantastic and very humane trainer, so George was well cared for while training at Fair Hill - an excellent facility.

    Can't wait to hear more about him. Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to learn more about him! I have been emailing someone from Herringswell and learning more about him! I can just tell that he had the best of the best! He was loved deeply and everyone is so happy he found his person!
      I can't wait to learn more about him in person!

      Delete
  3. When I started talking about George with the hubby about all the cool things I found online about him he asked "why do you even want to go all that way see him..You are already in love because he has a cool story!"
    I am such a nerd about horse's histories! It drives me nuts that Pistol came from a horse trader and I have no clue what his life was like!

    ReplyDelete