Monday, March 21, 2011

almost time to move

We went up to north to pick up Hubby’s Grandma’s horse trailer yesterday. It’s an old 4 horse/stock combo trailer. I’m pretty much in panic mode. Pinecone is going to freak out when he sees it. All this week we are going to be working on trailering and probably all next week too. I am a nervous wreck. I’d be a nervous wreck putting him in a huge NEW trailer. My trailer phobia adds to his phobia I’m sure. We have as long as we need to get him out of the barn, but I am a nervous wreck and he freaks out when he sees a trailer so we are going to need all the help and time we can get.


We had a house inspection done last Friday. It went really well. He said the house looked great for being vacant for almost a year. It just needed a little help to bring it back to life. The snow is melting and starting to show off the pastures a bit better. We really need to fix them. So far it looks like it is divided into two pastures, but we just need to stretch the fence back up. From what I can tell there hasn’t been horses there in a very long time. But we will fix it up and make it an amazing horse property. Sucky part is all the work that needs to go into it, but the reward of having my monster in the back yard will be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I was a nervous wreck when Gem had to be trailered home (5 hours). But for me, the trailering was like doing the dishes. There's no avoiding them....they have to be done and the sooner they get done, the sooner I can spend my time on things I enjoy. I focused on the end result when it came to getting Gem home and it helped calm me down. :-)

    Congratulations on the new place!!!!

    ReplyDelete