Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 Day Notice

Yesterday sucked. I put in my 30 day notice that I’d be leaving my barn. I was sick over the thought for a long time. I HATED yesterday. I decided to write a letter saying I was leaving and explain why. I added that the barn had become my second home and everyone there became like my family. I honestly put a lot of blood sweat and tears into that barn and leaving is tearing me apart.


I left the letter in the arena with my board check and I was hoping to sneak out without seeing anyone so I could spare myself an emotional breakdown. I wasn’t so lucky. I was mixing grain when I heard the dogs barking outside the door which meant the barn owner was on her way to the barn. I told her I had a check for her and a letter with bad news. She already figured I was leaving since I said a few months ago we were house hunting. She sounded so sad which of course made me cry. I told her I didn’t want her mad at me for leaving. And she said she wasn’t mad she was sad but happy for me. I told her that we had made an offer on house, and received a counter offer. But nothing was set in stone yet. But that at the end of the month we’d be moving Piney up to my hubby’s grandma’s farm to be with his horse.

I’m not gonna lie when I say it’s gonna be awesome to have Piney someplace where someone else is taking care of him for a while. Being able to go home right after work will be a nice change and actually being able to use my gym membership will be a nice treat too. I’m gonna miss Coneman like crazy but it’s only for a little while until we can get his living situation at our new place figured out. Then I’ll get to see him every day! It’s going to be nice to have the option for me and hubby to go riding together. Even though I prefer riding in an arena. But since we I won’t have the option to ride in one looks like I’ll be trail riding until I can figure out where to put a small outdoor arena!

1 comment:

  1. It will be great when you get to see Piney every day, but it's also nice to have some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete