Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2 months later I'm going to see my horse!

Well after almost two months I’m headed up North to see my horse. It SUCKS having him so far away. But it’s what has to happen until we can find a place to live here. Every option we have had has fallen through or is too expensive. It’s kind of heartbreaking but we will find a place someday. Piney is fine up north. He isn’t costing me anything and I know that he is leading a happy existence as horses were meant to live.


I hope to get as much Piney time in as I can. I jokingly told hubby that I should train Piney to drive so that at Christmas we can go for sleigh rides. The more I thought about it the more I thought it might be kind of fun. I seriously doubt that I can get that accomplished in one weekend especially since I have no clue how to do it. Hubby has driving experience as do his uncles. But I’ve got nothing! I’ve done a little long lining with Piney and he did awesome and Last time I was up there I tried some desensitizing exercises with him. I threw his lead rope all over his body, and around his legs and he didn’t even flinch. Maybe if I can dig through all the tack in the barn and garage I can find a harness that will fit Piney and we can try it on for size and do a little walking around the yard. This is probably not going to happen since it seems that I always have way too much to do when I’m up there that my piney time is minimal. But it’s fun to think about doing that! I just think hubby’s family would get a kick out of having sleigh rides again at Christmas time. Plus since Piney is freeloading out there I think it would be nice for him to earn his keep. He’s already impressed the family with his “pony rides” for the little cousins. I just think dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh would totally seal the deal on Piney being a fantastic family horse. But we must take baby steps in teaching my little tb how to pull a cart. I don’t even know if he can or will pull one but it will be fun to see him all harnessed up!

The main reason I’m headed up north this weekend is to take senior pictures for my hubby’s cousin. I’ve never done senior pictures. I’ve done newborn, infant, family and wedding pictures but never just senior pics. I am a worrier and have been worrying myself sick over it but I know I will do just fine. I always panic before a photo shoot. I just need to remember to breathe and take my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment