Wednesday, August 27, 2014

headed out west.

Tomorrow we are loading up the wagon and heading out west. And by wagon I mean horse trailer, funny how things have changed for horses, 150 years ago they were pulling people out west, and now people are pulling them out west.
This year we are going with our neighbors who we went camping with a few weeks ago. It's so nice having friends that have similar interests to you, and as an added bonus they live so close to us.They are headed out today, and we will meet up with them tomorrow. I still have so much to do but I have to say, that using the tack room of your horse trailer, as your full time tack room sure makes it easy to go anywhere. All of our main stuff is already in there, all we have to do is pack some hay, the horses, our coolers, and whatever we will be needing.
We will be taking Cash and Duke this year. I really wish Pistol was still with us and healthy enough to make the trip. He was a rockstar out there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would have 10 more horses like him if I could. Duke is always amazing out in the badlands so we aren't worried about him. He loves going to new places. Cash was apparently ridden out in the badlands a few times last year so he should be good to go.
George is staying home to keep pony company. I really think that the badlands might be too aggressive for his first sleep away from home trail ride. I do hope to bring him to the place we camped at a few weeks ago. I really think it would be good for him to get out there. My friend offered to ride him for me, she's got a bit more confidence in the saddle than I do. I can ride him at home just fine. But being a huge chicken, I start getting anxious once I head out down the road. I know, I know... cowboy up blah, blah, blah. Easier said than done. He is so much fun to ride too, so I think that I will LOVE trail riding him, but I have to just get over this bump in the road first.

The boys decided to have a spa day yesterday and took advantage of the mud. They gave themselves mud baths. Can anyone tell me why I like light colored horses so much?? Oh that's right. Because I'm an idiot.








No comments:

Post a Comment