Friday, June 15, 2012

I'm still here!!

I am still alive and kicking! I’ve just been EXTREMELY busy! Last week I traveled out to San Diego, California for my best friend’s wedding. I’ve never been to the west coast so it was pretty exciting for me.  However, from the moment I got to San Diego, until the moment I left, people made fun of my accent. Huh? What accent?!  I talk normal! But apparently my “O’s” are long and drawn out. When people would ask me where I’m from I’d say North Dakota, but apparently it would come out “Nooooorrrthh Dakoooottttaaahhhh”   So everyone would giggle and say “you talk just like they do in the movie Fargo.” Thank goodness I’m a kind person with a sense of humor because first off the movie Fargo doesn’t even take place in Fargo, it mostly takes place in Minnesota and secondly we don’t talk like that. But having a great sense of humor, the other bridesmaid from North Dakota and I hammed it up and totally played up our “accents” ya sure ya betcha! don’t-cha-know! People got a kick out of us foreigners. My friends San Diego friends thought us North Dakota girls were hilarious and couldn’t get enough of us. We figured out that if you live in North Dakota you have to have a sense of humor to survive here. I mean we deal with -50 degree winters, the snow we can get is unreal, we drive on black ice in the winter, I’ve put my 4x4 pickup in the ditch and had to be pulled out by a tractor, my eyelashes have frozen together. And that’s just the winter side…In the spring we can have devastating floods that cause millions of dollars of damage. Our summers can be awful too, 90 degree or higher days with 100% humidity, and we have mosquitos can lift you up and carry you away. You just have to make the best of it here and we do! There still isn’t anywhere in the world I’d rather live J

Life is so rough in California!
The wedding was so beautiful and probably the classiest wedding I’ve ever been to in my life. It was seriously like one of those wedding magazine weddings. California folks sure do know how to dress for weddings! I didn’t see one pair of blue jeans at the ceremony OR reception! So weird. But of course you can take the country girl out of the country but you can’t take the country out of the girl. For the reception I wore my cowboy boots. Everyone thought it was awesome. Even the bride wished she had a pair that she could put on. All in all it was a great time! I loved having time to just sit by the pool and relax. I met a TON of great people, I can’t wait to go back and visit when I have more time to sight see.
A LOT of this going on at the wedding...I believe these were all mine...


my new besties


Horsey news update time. A couple of weeks ago we had the vet out to do the boys teeth and clean their under carriages. Duke and Pistol have probably never had any of those procedures done before so they were long overdue for them. They both had pretty sharp ridges on their teeth, the vet let my husband feel them and he said they were like steak knives. Their cheeks and tongues were pretty ripped up so the vet thought we should give them some time off before trying to bridle them up. They’ve been pretty happy since they’ve had their tune ups. Pistol lets me rub up on his face and he is much friendlier towards me now too.

Some exciting news for today is that I am being interviewed about my ex racehorse from Canterbury park! They are featuring exracehorses on their blog all summer long. While Piney isn’t competing at the same level as some of the horses they’ve featured he is such an amazing horse and I want to shout it from the mountain tops. So I will keep ya’ll posted about the outcome of this story.
Also I won, I won, I won! Mare (+ Missy) over at Simply Horse-Crazy randomly selected me to win her latest contest! A beautiful horse bracelet from Wyostyle. Super excited! I rarely win anything!!

LOTS of home makeover stuff going on at my house. While I was in Cali, hubby and his dad redid the fireplace surround, and gutted the bathroom and renovated it. It looks great! but now i have to clean up the aftermath! uff da!! I am also planning on refinishing the staircase this weekend while hubby is out in South Dakota on motorcycle trip. Here's to hoping everything goes okay with my project!!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Happy to see you back! The pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete